Turn on the news today and there is always a human interest story of acts of kindness imaginable throughout America. Annually, the Orion District holds their Recognition Banquet (February 4th, 2023) for their most recent Eagle Scouts (of 2022) and the adults who volunteered their time to its youth in the Scouts BSA program, whose life skills are instilled by the values of the Scout Oath and Law. The Adult Awards are presented to the Scouts BSA registered volunteers in our communities, those whose acts of kindness has affected the youth of today who will become the adults of tomorrow.Continue reading “ADULT AWARDS NOMINATIONS”
Attention all Cub Packs: Do you have at least one “Baloo” trained adult in your pack? Do you know that in order for your Webelos den’s and the Pack Family Camping to happen in your Pack, you must have a “Baloo” trained person present at all times during the campout. We, the Orion District, have a course(coming up on September 26-27. This is almost here. I am attaching a link to the registration. The course will be very hands-on. As many adults as you wish may attend the training. Hills & Hollows is in Denton and is a great outdoor place for training. Please check to see that you have Baloo-trained adults. Questions may be directed to Cody Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org or myself email@example.com. Thank you for your commitment to the Scouting outdoor program. Registration: https://scoutingevent.com/662-BALOOOrion
Event information – Fam Fun Fest
Fam Fun Fest has been distributed and information can now be found under the event page. We look forward to seeing all of the Cub Scouts and their friends on September 25th!
Save The Date – Leader Specific Training
The Orion District Training Team announced the following dates and times for position specific training:
- Cub Den Leader Specifics August 21, 2021 1-4 pm at Lamb of God Lutheran Church (1401 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound 75028) Contact: Cody Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org (817) 692-9750
- Cubmaster/CA Specifics – August 21, 2021 9 am -12 pm at Lamb of God Lutheran Church (1401 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound 75028) Contact: Cody Johnson, email@example.com (817) 692-9750
- Pack Committee Challenge – August 21, 2021 1-4 pm at Lamb of God Lutheran Church (1401 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound 75028) Contact: Cody Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org (817) 692-9750
- Den Chief Training – August 21, 2021 9 am – 12 pm at Lamb of God Lutheran Church (1401 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound 75028) Contact: Cody Johnson, email@example.com (817) 692-9750
- Scoutmaster/ASM Specifics – August 21, 2021 9 am – 12:30 pm at Lamb of God Lutheran Church (1401 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound 75028) Contact Fran Zaccaria firstname.lastname@example.org (817) 948-1047
- Troop Committee Challenge – August 21, 2021 1-4 pm at Lamb of God Lutheran Church (1401 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound 75028) Contact Fran Zaccaria email@example.com (817) 948-1047
There is no monetary cost for these trainings.
Friends of Scouting
As the Friends of Scouting campaign draws to a close, please don’t forget to check with your HR or community relations departments to find out if your company does match charitable gifts.
Let Brea Baygents know if you receive a matching donation from your company.
There is also still time to make an individual contribution: https://donations.scouting.org/#/council/662/appeal/661
BSA MEMBERSHIP FEE INCREASE DETAILS
Over the last year, we have seen the Scouting community come together, even while being physically apart, to bring solutions, relief and comfort to those in need. Scouting continues to be a vital partner for communities across the country.
The value of Scouting is undeniable for those within the program and the greater public, and the Boy Scouts of America is committed to continuing to offer this unmatched opportunity to young people and families nationwide. It is important that we all reach out to Scouting families who might have left the program due to pandemic reasons and invite them back. We should also be thinking about how to invite new families to join.
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has worked to keep the membership fee as low as possible. Unfortunately, operating costs have continued to rise, and COVID-19 has compounded the need to increase the fee to maintain the program.Continue reading “BSA MEMBERSHIP FEE INCREASE DETAILS”
UPDATED COVID-19 INFORMATION
Longhorn Council Statement on COVID-19
The safety of our Scouts, volunteers, employees, and communities is our top priority.
Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic continues to be informed by expertise from agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Texas Department of State Health Services and the local health departments and agencies within our service area.Continue reading “UPDATED COVID-19 INFORMATION”
Upcoming District Event
District Annual Planning Conference
A Scout is Reverent Workshop
|SATURDAY, MAY 22, 2021|
9AM – 12 PM CST VIA ZOOM
This is a Free event.
Scouts and Scouters are invited to attend our three part workshop:
• BSA CHAPLIN/CHAPLIN AIDE TRAINING
• RELIGIOUS EMBLEMS, AWARDS, AND KNOTS
• DUTY TO GOD (REVERENCE AND THE BOARD OF REVIEW)
Are you a Scout that…
Is going to Philmont 2021 or Sea Base 2021 and will be the Chaplain’s Aide?
Is a new or aspiring Chaplain’s Aide in your Troop/Crew/Ship/Post?
Scouters are you eager for…
Understanding your role as the Chaplin for your Pack/Troop/Crew/Ship/Post?
Ways to advise your Youth for “Scouts Own” activities, discussion on Duty to God and Reverence as part of rank advancement?
If so, this training workshop is for YOU!
Click here for an informational flyer